Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

June 26, 2006

Ring Me Up Scottie! The Weight Is Going BYE BYE!

I went to the gyno today. Lucky I didn't have to "spread em," but she and I had a sit down about my current state of being after ending my Lupron Depot therapy. I had been in drug induced, temporary menopause to control the pain of Adenomyosis, also know as endometriosis within the muscles of the walls of my baby baker.

She told me my next option to control pain and my Aunt Flow visits was to go BACK on the pill. She asked me what I wanted to do to which I replied, "YANK IT OUT!"

She said, at the moment, my insurance probably wouldn't pay for it because I've been symptom free for six months thanks to Lupron. DAMMIT! So she reitered, the pill.


I LOATHE THE PILL!


So, she gave me the option of NuvaRing as well.

NuvaRing = 3 visits from Aunt Flow a year = a very happy me.

It's supposed to control my pain as well, which I'm all for! As well I'm sure Mr. D will be happy too! I haven't had a visit from that bitch, Flow, in almost 8 months and now she won't be rearing her ugly head for another 4!

WOOOPEEEE!

My sex life has gotten a little more active lately so I'm glad I have a little tool to keep me in bizniz! My poonani is thanking me right now. I hope the side effects don't have me bitching up a storm!

The good thing is that I'm not having more kids and Mr. D has been snipped so I felt like taking BC pills was a joke. I felt they were wasted on me. I like the concept of the ring better. Only have to change it once a month and surf the crimson wave once every 4 months. That's my kind of surfin!

Anywho...

I've lost 8 lbs since going on NutraSystem seven days ago.

8 FUCKING POUNDS IN A WEEK!!!!

I don't like the food too much, but it's worth it if I'm losing weight. Though I must admit I lost a good amount on Weight Watcher and I didn't have to buy any special food, just change how I ate, watch my portions, drink more water. (Easy peazy lemon squeezy! Sorry, I've been watching Britcoms again!).

I haven't started my blog about my weight loss journey yet. I haven't had time, plus the fact that my damn DSL isn't working at my new house. For some reason only one of our phone jacks is working and DSL won't even come through it, though we've been getting billed for it. WTF??

So, I'll have that blog up soon. I'm kind of excited to log my progress. I think it'll give me incentive to watch the weight fall off and, hopefully, get encouragement from my blogpals.

So stay tuned for that blog. I'll announce it very soon!

Later beotches!

5 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 3:41 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey - I'm on a weight loss journey too!!

 
At 6/26/2006 3:51 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Also, I spent 10 months on Lupron Depot after having Laproscopic surgery for my endometriosis. The combo really worked.

Let's hear it for drug induced menopause symptoms! Woo hoo ... :(

Was all worth it!!

 
At 6/26/2006 4:07 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

snav, I lurved being Aunt Flow-less for 7 months and before I start the first period I get Nuva Ring! Woohoo! Almost an entire year without the bitch paying me a visit! Life is sweet sometimes. :)

 
At 6/27/2006 11:26 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Thanks Mr. F! I started a new blog chronicalling my weight loss. FAT GIRL LIFE, check it out for progress reports once a week. It's kind of my journal so I can keep track and see if others can provide moral support and share their stories of the same.

 
At 6/29/2006 10:56 AM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

I just don't get how those nuvarings work. You just shove up there and they automatically go into the right spot? craziness...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home