Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

May 24, 2006

More random shit from a (temporarily) random poster!

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I posted anything! I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger! I know, that sounds goofy. It's from Steel Magnolias. KB, can you tell me which lady said that line?

KB and I can recite most of the lines from that movie. We are idiots that way. It's almost embarrassing. It's been years since we lived in the same home town and would laugh our butts off while reciting lines back and forth. Yup, dorks...that's us.

I moved all my SHIT into storage, after getting rid of a a bigger load of SHIT...things I was ready to throw out and give up. Though, the BF said to hold on to the stuff that was worth selling in a yard sale. We've decided that sometime this summer we're going to have a large yard sale and sell our two sets of living room furniture and my dining set. We want to get new stuff for the new place. We're freakin' excited!

SOOOO tired from moving. I'm BEAT. So is D, and he had to take off for Chattanooga as soon as we moved my stuff into storage on Sunday. He just got home last night. Poor guy.

Poor me...I ended up with a migraine about 8 o'clock that night. I swallowed a handful of painkillers and turned out the lights and buried my head under the pillows. Didn't get much sleep, but thankfully I had taken Monday & Tuesday off. I had planned to go with D to Chattanooga, but had way too much to do for our move. I got most of it done, but still have a few things to do.

***********************************************

Okay, I rarely use the dry cleaner, but I did the other day, had all my winter sweaters cleaned and a few work things. DAMN! It was $72!!!! That's a friggin' racket! I should have just handed them the lube and bent over.

***********************************************

I was listening to my favorite radio station, DaveFM, on my way to work this morning and they were talking about the truancy problem in the city of Atlanta, specifically Gwinnett county where I live. Apparently there were over 2100 kids with more then 10 unexcused absences in the last semester (I'M FUCKING HOT FLASHING RIGHT NOW!! ARRRRGH!!!). My son was one of those 2100 kids. He has emotional issues and was giving me all sorts of grief in the mornings. He just wouldn't get out of bed. I tried everything and finally took him to the doctor, talked to his counselor and eventually put him in a treatment facility for severe depression.

The people who were calling in were talking about how the state takes away the drivers licenses/permits of these kids. My son's permit was suspended. They were saying how it was lack of parenting or bad parenting that was causing all of this behavior. I was so pissed I was seeing red. Some people were decent enough to say that it was different for each child and that bad parenting or lack of parenting couldn't be attributed to each case, but I was still pissed.

I have agonized over this issue with my son and his depression was deep and dangerous. I was with him all the time trying to be the best parent I know how. Maybe I'm not the best parent, but I do the best that I can. I love my kid more than life and I just want him to be a good person, a good citizen, the best man he can be. It is just so wrong of people who either don't have kids or don't have a child with a biological/phychological issue to sound off on this issue. It's not always parenting, it's often times the child. My parents were great parents. Conscientious, loving, supportive and available to us whenever we needed them. But, my little sister had emotional, pyschological issues. Severe depression, anorexia, paranoid schizophrenia. She was a mess, and she made my parents' lives a living hell.

My parents had the same problems with her that I'm having with my son. Depression is hereditary. I, myself, suffer from clinical depression and take Lexapro, but it doesn't rule my life by any means. I'm not even close in the severity that my sister suffers from or my son. His has been significant. But he is now on Lexapro and is doing much better. He's happier, he cut his long as hell hair off, shaved his mutton chops (thank GOD!). He's a different kid since he went thru the therapy and is on Lexapro. I couldn't have asked for a better change!

So, to all those folks who think if a kid is truant it's the parent's fault, think again. Ask questions. Find out the issues the parent and child are facing. It's not always the parent's fault.

Okay, done with that issue...moving on...

**********************************************************

I'm about to start Nutri-System. Has anyone out there tried it? If so, did you get good results? I'm insulin resistant and a PCOS sufferer. I'm hoping this will work for me. I'm running out of options. I cannot lose weight for any significant amount of time. I might lose up to 22-25 lbs, then I just stop. With all the meds I take (and new ones getting added here and there by my docs) the weight doesn't stay off. It comes back. This time Lupron therapy added back the 25 lbs I lost last summer. I've done Weight Watchers, Diabetic diets, gone to Curves, LA Fitness, dieticians, done Atkins, South Beach, the list goes on and on. I've been overweight for the last 9 years and it's really taking a toll on my body. I am trying Nutri-System as a last attempt before I try bariatric surgery. I don't want to do it, but I need to maintain my health and I'm a candidate for it. I'm thinking nothing too drastic, like the lapband, but like I said. LAST RESORT.

Has anyone done the Nutri-System diet and had success?

****************************************************************

Ok, I'm going to get back to work now. I've been blogging since, right now, I don't have a connection at home while I'm living with the BF in his teeny, tiny, itty, bitty studio apartment. I have lots to do to get our utilities and whatnot set up. Apparently I have been tasked with this. Why is it always the woman who has to do the phone work? I shouldn't complain. In fact, I should be ashamed. D did almost ALL the heavy lifting and moving of my furniture and boxes into storage. This is the VERY least I can do. He's the best boyfriend/mate I have EVER had. Bar none. I am SOOOO lucky. Really!

*****************************************************************

Later taters!

6 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 11:31 AM , Blogger Maven said...

Invest in a Dryel kit. It works.

Oh and I think it was Dolly Parton's character, Truvy, who said that line:)

 
At 5/24/2006 12:29 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

You are correct Maven! Ms. Truvy is the deliverer of that line!

Does Dryel really work?? I guess I have to press them huh?

 
At 5/24/2006 5:19 PM , Blogger mikster said...

Wow....you have been busy...and bummer about your son...it's a shame that a "blanket" policy gets used for this.

 
At 5/25/2006 10:07 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Mike, thanks. Our governor passed this when he came into office. Blanket rules suck, but I guess i understand, it just doesn't help with our situation, makes him more upset!

NG, I knew you were a kindred spirit! What kind of surgeries did you have? I'm curious to know how other women cope with this disease!

Sage, You always have such insightful things to offer to my situation, whatever it may be. Thanks for the support. Good to know other people deal with similar issues!

 
At 5/28/2006 4:54 PM , Blogger Maven said...

The best "diet" for someone with PCOS or IR, is a low glycemic one. There's a fabulous book out there called the Glucose Revolution. It's not a diet, it's a way of life.

Re: Dryel... yeah you'd have to press them or steam out the wrinkles, if you don't take the stuff out of the dryer IMMEDIATELY. Dryel is great for freshening up pillows and other hard to launder items, too.

 
At 5/29/2006 10:42 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Mr. F...okay, I would not prefer and ass fucking to paying $72. I AM a woman after all.

Nugget, Always good advise from you! You're my PCOS guru and all things food! FABU!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home