Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

June 12, 2006

Long Time No Post!

I had a frightening experience the other day.

I was in my new kitchen, unpacking boxes and finding places for everything. My BF's daughter "A" was standing just inside the doorway watching me and chatting with me. Out of the corner of my eye I see her lean back as though she's going to lean against the wall behind her.

"BAM!"

She not only HIT the wall, but she slid to the floor and started to seize. Not a grand mall, lighter than that, but a seizure none the less. I have never been around a person who has seized, only my dog from childhood who had epilepsy, and that was unbelievable to watch.

This was different. It was a person, and D's daughter to boot!

Her hands curled inward toward her wrist's and her eyes glazed over. She wasn't moving really, just slight seizing, but she seemed to not "be" with me.

I called her name several times and she didn't respond. I started yelling for D, but got no response, so I called for my son. I asked him to go find D quickly and bring him to the kitchen, that 'A' was having some sort of seizure.

Right after he walked out the door, I started yelling her name again and all of a sudden she said "What?" as though nothing had happened.

Freaked my shit right out!

My first thoughts were that she either had seizure disorder or hypoglycemia, perhaps even low blood pressure. She claimed that she might be dehydrated because she had done that only once before and that was the cause. She said she felt herself blacking out and she leaned back to the wall to avoid falling (uh, too late).

Well, that was mighty scary for me. I didn't really know how to handle it. I got the impression that she didn't want her dad to know. It worked out okay, because 'J' never came back with 'D'. Great at following directions, my son is. (ooh, I just channeled Yoda!). I told him later that evening when we were alone. I got the impression from 'A' that she didn't want to make a big deal out of it. D was unaware that she'd ever done that before. He was concerned, but didn't say anything more to me about it. I'm sure he's spoken to her about it and will mention it to her mother, but I'm not going to get involved in that. Her mother has a tendency to be a vindictive BEOTCH toward D so I'm going dark on this one!

Now for the good news (at least to me)...

We've gotten the house together quite a bit. It's not close to being done though. We still have my office to move into the house from the garage, plus a set of couches, some dressers, blah, blah blah. Still a lot to do.

I have no energy for it.

Anywho...

There is cute, little, male weiner dog that runs around our neighborhood. He just travels through yards like he owns the place. He's TINY, but adorable as most tiny dogs are. I don't know his name, but he watches me walk Phoebe and just stands, mesmerized. I think he would like to come meet her, but he may be afraid of her because she's bigger than he is. I guess no one thinks anything of this dog roaming free. I don't know who he belongs to, but I'd love to have him! Phoebe wouldn't attack him because he's male, unless, because he's smaller than she is, she thinks he's some sort of animal she's supposed to tree or hunt down. Who knows??

Moving along...

Has anyone heard that song by Gnarles Barkely, "Crazy?" My 60 year old mom is lovin' that song! It freaks me out because she is listening to the ATL alternative station (99X) to try to hear it. She just needs to buy the damn CD. I listen to DaveFM myself. I prefer it's eclectic songlist, while I drive during rush hour, to 99X's dumbass trio that host their morning show. It sucks. They are retarded, I mean really reTARDed.

Gnarles Barkely performed their song "Crazy" on the MTV Movie awards last night. They were all dressed in Star Wars costumes. Chewbacca was playing the drums, a jedi knight was playing the keyboards. Two storm troopers were playing guitar, Darth Vadar was singing and rebel fighter pilots were singing backup. It was just a tad retaaaaaaarded. But, they're pretty damn soulful if you ask me. I like their music. So many great artists are coming out of the UK lately. I'm LOVIN' it. One of my favorites is Jamie Cullum. I also like Michael Buble and Diana Krall. Of course Elvis Costello, Diana's hubby. There are too damn many to name, but I'm enjoying what I'm hearing!

Oh, more interesting news.

Many of you may know that I had to put my son in a clinic for people with behavior problems or addiction. He had been smoking pot regularly and he was failing out of school. In fact, he wouldn't even go to school at all. I was having major issues with him sleeping all day and not going to bed at night. It was driving me bonkers.

He seemed to do an about face after spending a week as a partial inpatient. I thought "Great! Now we're on the road to a better place!"

How fucking wrong can a person be? Let me just tell you.

While moving some things into my son's new room D noticed that he had locked his bathroom door. J wasn't with us most of the weekend, he was staying with my parents. So D and I got his door unlocked and started looking around for telltale signs. Nothing was outwardly visible, and why would it be? I looked all through his bathroom cabinets and found some black shirts stuffed into a cabinet. Behind those shirts was a homemade bong. He had made it out of an empty 2L Sprite bottle, a straw and empty pen tube and a cable connector. Ingenius little shit.

Then D found what was left of his stash. Not much, but a few seeds and some stems.

Since this happened, D and I decided to empty our own little stash that was given to us and quit altogether. I can't be a hypocrit. My son has NO clue that I have done this other than during my college years. That's the way I'd like it to stay. I don't do it often, in fact I can count on one hand how many times I have done it since college, but since someone gifted us with a little we have just decided to enjoy it and destress from this bullshit of our move. So, now we're done in hopes of getting the kid into a better frame of mind and far from the losers he calls friends.

So, things are going well other than all the bizarre trauma's we've had lately.

How're things going with ya'll?

8 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 1:06 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Yup, stressful it is, but handle it I can. Yoda is my alternate personality. You likey?

 
At 6/13/2006 6:01 PM , Blogger Fig said...

busy girl, you are! Hot, yoda is!

yeah I'd go on but talking yoda is a morning thing for me while the coffee is still fresh in the brain.

Brain not so fresh right now. In fact it's absolutely filthy dirty. heh.

::hugs::

...and maybe an ass slap

 
At 6/14/2006 9:04 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Ooh, I'll take that ass slap! I am working on my first cuppa joe and it's damn tasty! I could mainline that shit!

 
At 6/14/2006 2:14 PM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, lotsa fun going on! that's too bad he's in with the wrong crowd. weed never slowed me down - I've always been straight As, yadda yadda. you sure he's not doing something more potent that you just don't know about?

 
At 6/15/2006 8:18 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Nope, it's just pot. We found his stuff. He doesn't know we found it though. He's clinically depressed which accounts for most of his problems, he just uses weed to feel better, but it just makes him more depressed I think.

 
At 6/15/2006 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Isn't it fun setting a good example?
Not! heheeee....

Scary thing with the seizure. I can imagine.

 
At 6/15/2006 2:21 PM , Blogger Deb said...

Wow, that would scare the total crap outa’ me if I saw anyone seize for a moment or something to that nature. She really needs to see a doctor if that happened. You never really know until you get checked out.

As far as the ‘pot’ thing goes----when I was younger, I had so many creative places to hide my pot. Try under the toilet lid---NOT the seat mind you. Ew. Where that little bobby thingie majiggy is. You know what I’m talking about. That and I used to cut a fine line in the carpet of my bedroom and stuff it in there. Little tips on where kids hide the stash! Then it was trying to hide my girlfriends from my mom. That was kinda hard. Couldn't stash them under the carpet...well...bad analogy huh? Oy.

I hope things go well and he does okay.

Very interesting array of topics on here!

Ciao for now!

 
At 6/15/2006 2:49 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

J, Every time I read something from you I think you're my sister. She's "J" on her email address and various other things. Glad you're not or I'd be rattin' myself out!

~Deb, Great ideas of places to look! Those are the first places I'll be checking when I get home! As for the girlfriends, I take it your mom knew you were swinging the same sex direction or why else would you need to 'hide' your girlies??? That would have sucked! Glad you're out and proud!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home