Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

November 06, 2006

Freud would have a field day with me...

I'm sending my kid to a shrink.

He's 16 years old and he's decided he doesn't HAVE to go to school anymore legally. So he sleeps all day and plays his guitar all night. Nothing I say or do seems to be fixing the sitch so I'm praying that this head shrinker can help!

Anyone else out there have issues with their boys at this age? DAMN! he's wearing this bitch out! I try to be understanding, but the kid thinks he's going to be a rock star. Seriously. He figures he doesn't need an education. But he has graciously agreed to get his GED. Wow.

His new therapist gave me a homework assignment. Write my son's life story. But he wanted it in 3 to 4 pages. I couldn't shrink it any smaller than 6. I even kept cutting things out, but there are things he needs to know. He wants a good picture of my son so I tried to give it to him. But, in order to give a good picture he needs to know the background of some things. The preface, if you will. I also have to get his records from his previous therapist & psychiatrist. Haven't had a chance to do that yet so he might get slightly peeved at a bitch for not being able to follow through completely!

All I can say is that I can't wait for Friday. Me and D are heading to West Palm Beach for an extended weekend getaway! This is much needed, believe me! I have been working my fat ass off (wish that it really worked to remove fat from my huge bootie!) and my weekends are busy as Hell doing everything I don't get done during the week so I'm fried like a egg! I'm SOOO looking forward to rest. I need it, deserve it, crave it, desire it. I won't get another break until probably late spring or summer of next year. As it is, I'm not even taking a week off, just a Friday & Monday around a weekend so I don't miss too much. I guarantee that even while I'm on vacation I will be getting phone calls and emails from work needing my assistance. It sucks to be the one to make everything happen. You never get a break.

Strange how my job seems to be 24/7. I thought only motherhood was supposed to be that way. Maybe I'm the one who should be in therapy!!!

6 Comments:

At 11/07/2006 11:58 AM , Blogger Seals said...

Dealing with my 20-year-old daughter was a little different than that, but now I have a son-in-law. He's a good kid, but a piece of work.

West Palm sounds nice.

 
At 11/08/2006 12:12 AM , Blogger Nihilistic said...

Legally at 16? Really?? I thought it was 18...Damn

 
At 11/08/2006 12:22 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Mr. F, I'm flyin' big guy! I can't stop the plane!!! If I had it in my to skydive I'd visit on the way there or back. No worries about my son. I'm just going to live day by day with him.

ajooja, Kids are not so easy, the manual never said it would be so damn hard!

nihilistic, YES, it's actually legal for a person to quit highschool at 16. At least the school system cannot legally force them to continue coming to school. Freaky, huh.

 
At 11/08/2006 2:44 PM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

good luck with your son. becoming a rock star is a great idea, but you definitely need to have something to fall back on....

have fun in west palm beach!

 
At 11/08/2006 4:16 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Webmiztris, I have told him that a gazillion times! I think he has concrete in his ears.

I hope to RELAX in WPB. I'm ready for peace and quiet! Thanks!

 
At 11/15/2006 8:26 AM , Blogger J R Estelle said...

I don't have kids, but I was a teacher and in terms of quitting school. Let him. Then him get a FULL-TIME job and start being the adult he thinks he is.

Maybe he will be a rock superstar, maybe not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home