Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

September 13, 2006

Human Pin Cushioin, At Your Service

I'm sitting here at my computer while my son and my man watch the Simpsons. I'm hooked up to an IV in the hospital. Yup, the hospital. I came in here Monday night and I'm still here. I have been diagnosed with idiopathic pancreatitis. I had horrific pain in my upper gastric region that radiated to my back and I was vomiting. I haven't felt good for a few days, mostly just really tired, but that pain just waylaid me!

I've had blood work and an MRI, all of which revealed not much, just that my pancreatic enzymes were elevated. Tomorrow I have an endoscope to see if I might have an ulcer that could have eaten thru my stomach, irritating my pancreatic tissue. Sux.

So here I am. The pain meds are a derivative of morphine and they are seriously kickin my ass. All the nurses except one, think pushing the meds in fast is the the best way, but it kills me! God what pain! I feel it start at my neck and head, exhausting pain and pressure, that washes down my body. But the nurse last night administered it slowly so it wasn't nearly as bad. I bet CP would have plunged that medicine into my IV faster than the speed of light! Just kiddin' CP. I know you're a caring and gentle angel of mercy. I wish it were CP who was taking care of me. She wouldn't have taken four different tries at a new IV site at 4AM like my nurse and two others did. It sucked. While they were poking me a phlebotomist came in and took blood out of the arm the nurses weren't working on. That was fun. Pain from needle sticks in BOTH arms at the same time.

I'm a human pin cushion.

They wouldn't let me eat food, any food, until lunch today. I threw up Monday night's dinner, then didn't get to eat until noon today. It sucked big fat ones. The food is okay, I've obviously had better food, but as far as hospital food goes it's not bad. I got apply pie tonight. Cool.

I really want pizza, or a double cheeseburger and a vanilla milkshake. I wonder if I can get Mr. D to sneak in some Steak N Shake!

I doubt it.

I was on a new diet and now I've had to let it go for a bit. I think I'm gonna stick to Weight Watchers. I can eat what I want in small portions. And, if I'm making it I KNOW they'll taste good. I rock in the kitchen, hence my lard ass.

Damn, speaking of my ass, it hurts from sitting in this bed. I need to walk. Get up and take a stroll down the hall. I'd rather go home and get into my tempurpedic and relax!

Lucky me, the hospital has free WiFi so I'm able to surf the net and blog, instant message and what not. Yippee!

Well, I do have some pain, I think I'll stick around and get some pain meds. Time for loopiness!

Ahhhhhhhh.....

3 Comments:

At 9/15/2006 1:11 AM , Blogger Nihilistic said...

Hope you up and out soon!! And feeling better too!

 
At 9/16/2006 1:53 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

I'm out and getting better! Thanks!

 
At 9/16/2006 2:46 PM , Blogger Maven said...

Ah yes, but what is the excuse for loopiness when you're not on the pain meds?

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home