Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

May 07, 2006

How about some cheese to go with that whine???

I have to start this post by apologizing to all my blog pals. I have been so busy and overwhelmed by my life lately and have had a difficult time posting let alone commenting on my favorite blogger’s posts. I have been remiss and I must tell you all that it is SO not personal and to please forgive a bitch for having way to fucking much on her plate!

Here’s a quick run down so you understand where I’m coming from and will, perhaps, forgive this biatch!

  1. Had to put my kid, J, into a partial hospitalization treatment program for severe clinical depression and drug abuse (marijuana to be exact). He was using to cope with his depression. We were not getting along at all and he was refusing to go to school and flunking out. So, I’m withdrawing him from school this week while he works this program all day, every day.
  2. Just found out that D (my boyfriend) really IS my son’s birth father. Long story, but by process of elimination between the 3 different boyfriends I had (Didn't date them all at once, but I know it sounds like I'm a HO!) during that time in college, he came out the loser in the baby daddy lottery. Or maybe winner. Guess it just depends on how you look at it. Anyway, he’s about to end his child support obligation to his daughter’s mother as she turns 18 next month. J turns 16 next month as well. I don’t know if I'm going to insiste that he pay child support at this time because we are moving in together very soon so it might work out for all of us and save us all money in the end as well as help them develop a relationship, which currently doesn’t really exist (I'll insist on some arrangement, just not sure what yet). D is afraid to put all of this on J while he’s working through his issues, but I wonder if it wouldn’t help him to know that he has a dad who is interested in actually becoming his DAD. I'll be speaking to his psychiatrist about it later this week, but I’m open to opinions on this one people…speak up…PLEASE.
  3. I am starting my new job a week from tomorrow (Monday). I have SO much shit to wrap up with my accounts and my work that I don’t know if I’ll get it all done by Thursday which is my last day of work. The good news is that I’m apparently loved by all at my office as they are all very unhappy that I’m leaving (I am comic relief as well as “one of the boys” with my guy pals at work). My co-worker Mike has set up a big Bon Voyage luncheon on Wednesday and invited everyone on our floor as well as the department and about all but 3 people have RSVP’d. I predict that I will cry like a frickin’ baby.
  4. I was supposed to be moving out of my apartment and into D’s this weekend, while moving my son into my parents house for the summer, where he requested to stay to get some space from me. I am just in the beginning packing stages because I’ve been so damned busy, but I’m trashing a ton of stuff. I’m not moving stuff into storage that I will never look at again. I plan on moving light! My dad is having a hissy because I’m just starting to pack. He has NEVER packed my stuff for me or even helped pack, but he has helped me move, just not the last 3 or 4 moves. I don’t know what he’s freaking out about. He’s not involved at all and I don’t plan on involving him. Now things have changed. Long story, but some 21 year old girl is staying in D's landlord's spare room which is adjacent to D's room/studio apartment. His daughter was going to stay there in 3 weeks when she comes to visit, but now, with this 21 year old party girl who is OH SO NOT BRIGHT staying in that room too, we are going to have to find a house ASAP to move into before May 31 when I am to be completely out of my apartment. We have a great prospect about 3 doors down from the house he lives in now, but now we I won't be saving money for the summer. Really no need since I won't be moving into a place of my own with J. I guess the universe works in mysterious ways. Still, lots to do before the end of the month!

Okay, that’s all happening this week, J is already in the treatment program though (he started last Friday).


My back still is hurting, but it’s getting better I think. I’m sure it’ll be a helluva lot worse while I move this weekend. J & D are going to have to move the heavy stuff, there’s no way I’ll be able to lift the heavy things with my back and shoulders in such sorry fucking shape. I went to the doctor on Thursday and she’s testing me for everything under the sun. I’ll find out Monday if I have anything that might be causing this pain. I would love to have a diagnosis of something that is easy managed or cured. So far, I’ve not been that lucky with PCOS, diabetes and Adenomyosis. All diseases without cures, except Adenomyosis can be cured with a hysterectomy. We’ll see if I go that route in the next few months as May is my last month under the Lupron therapy that has put me in temporary menopause to control the pain of Adenomyosis. Truly what is probably causing my pain is my mattress that is almost as old as J, as well as massive amounts of stress from work and the fact that I'm one chunky monkey. My weight would put stress on anybody's bones/joints/muscles. I have tried every diet and exercise program out there and I have not been consistently successful. I'm thinking I may have to go the gastric bypass route. I'll keep you updated on that one.

Gawd! I am such a whiner!!! I hope to fix that sitch very soon too. I do not like being a complainer, but I wanted ya’ll to know that I was NOT ignoring anyone, on the contrary. I have just had so much on my plate to deal with and now I’m blogging about it. I need to find something fun and exciting to blog about.

I suck.

In case you were wondering, this is what I feel like...

in scrambled peices....

15 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 8:07 AM , Blogger June Cleaver's Revenge said...

I'm looking at this from my own point of view, without your son's issues or background, but if I had a dad who wanted to be my dad, I would sure want to know about it.

 
At 5/08/2006 8:20 AM , Blogger phlegmfatale said...

bless your heart. You've got a lot on your plate.

For what it's worth - the self-medicating for depression with pot is a common mistake - one I made when I was much younger. I'm convinced it made my chemical imbalance worse. Now I'm on antidepressants which have changed my life for much the better. Good for you and him for addressing it now. Best wishes with that.

Oh, beautiful eyes, pretty smile.

Good for you for trashing shit rather than putting it in storage - you'll never miss it, trust me, and it will be like good therapy for you.

 
At 5/08/2006 10:04 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

JCR, If it were me whose father wanted to be in my life and I'd never known him, I would want to spend some time getting to know him too. They haven't really bonded, but they also don't spend one on one time together yet. That's forthcoming...in a big way!

Phlegm, I couldn't agree with you more about the self-medicating thing. I take Lexapro myself and his Pyschiatrist is putting him on it too. I pray it changes his attitude and he copes better with his issues. Thanks for the kudos on the smile/eyes. My my only good features! Gotta git back to trashin'!

 
At 5/08/2006 1:22 PM , Blogger Speckledpup said...

whoa you have a load of crap going on.... and I thought my life was toast....wow.

Hang in there kid.

The Pup

 
At 5/08/2006 4:45 PM , Blogger karen! said...

I just found your blog. It is a good one. I read some of your older posts. I will be back. I have to go clean house now before the husband comes home from work! :)

 
At 5/08/2006 6:01 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Yo Pup! Can I give you some of this to take off my hands?? Pleeeeeeeaze???? :)

Karen, Glad to have ya! Come back and see me some time! I'll be around to yours in a jiff!

 
At 5/08/2006 10:09 PM , Blogger phlegmfatale said...

I'm on lexapro too. changed my life for much the better. good luck!

 
At 5/08/2006 11:07 PM , Blogger CP said...

Oh girl.

You do have a lot on the plate. The first priority, and I know I don't have to tell you this, is your son. The best thing I can tell you to do is schedule a private conference with the psych man and tell him about the paternity issue. Let him help you to decide what may be too much for J. right now. This might be a GREAT thing for him right now. He may need a good male rolemodel and as your "boyfriend" he didn't feel like he had one. Now, as "dad", maybe he will feel closer, like he has a connection with someone other than you. One day at a time, babylove.

You will be in my thoughts, prayers and wishes. Just remember one thing...if nothing else.

That 16 year old? He's still a baby. He's still the same little boy that you led gently through infancy. 16 tiny little years on this planet. This world is an enormous place. He is still a little boy. Nurture him, even when he is being ugly. When he gets to our age? He will love you more than anything else in the world...and thank you.

Keep the faith, sister.

CP.

 
At 5/09/2006 12:52 AM , Blogger Summer said...

Cruising by for a lookee, look. I'm sorry to hear about your rough times. It does seem like your regulars are giving good advice though. You're loved! *smiles*

 
At 5/09/2006 2:44 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Phlegm, yah, it keeps me totally cool...when I'm not on it, my temper goes from 0-90 in about 3.2 seconds.

CP, Gurl, you always make me feel better. I did talk to his psych and he thinks we need to wait to unload...stable up the kid first. I'm A-ok with that. I love that kid like I just gave birth to him. He's always gonna be my little baby guy! Much to his loathing.

sage, Actually he's in this treatment for Severe depression with marijuana abuse, rather than addiction. He's just been using the marijuana to cope with his depression. I, too, don't think there is any such thing as addiction to Mary Jane. It's just a great way to wind down! Apparently J has discovered exactly that!

summer, DAMN! I'm sorry you couldn't have come when things were better for me! Unfortunatley I think most of my recent posts are whiners. I gotta get outta my funk before all my pals desert me for being retaaahhded!

 
At 5/09/2006 6:22 AM , Blogger Queenmatrai said...

Hang in there girl, things will only get better - i promise

noojes

 
At 5/09/2006 1:23 PM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, you do have a lot going on! I wish you the best of luck with everything.

 
At 5/09/2006 7:28 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Noojes, thanks. I'm praying things will get better. I think they will.

webmiztris, thanks! I am looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!

 
At 5/11/2006 3:00 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

M--Like I told you during our talk the other day. I think J would appreciate knowing who his dad is. He might not show it in the beginning because he's going through some serious teenage angst right now, but he will, at least on the inside, be relieved to know for sure.

You and he will both get through this...

 
At 5/11/2006 9:49 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

thanks KB..we'll get through, tho maybe not unscathed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home