Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

April 18, 2006

Bye Bye Old Job, Hello NEW!


Okay, I did it. I accepted the new position with the new company I told ya'll about.

I decided that I had to make a change. I am SICK of my customers and all the overwhelming amounts of work I've had to do, not just for them, but for my job as well. Since my company merged EVERYone has been inundated with additional work and training and we're all very burned out.

So, I am leaving my safety net. I'm heading to a different company in a different part of town, giving up my home office for more money and a nice entry on my resume' that I would never attain working for my current company. It's just time to think about myself and my career rather than my comfort zone. I need the money and I think I'm going to LOVE this job! It has an actual career path that I don't have at my company. 70K employees pretty much make it nearly impossible to get a position in a different department. Everyone who hires usually has a candidate already in mind and just goes through the pretense of interviewing as a formality. WHATEVER!

Anyway, I am turning my two week notice in on May 1st. That's only a two weeks from yesterday! I have to stay to see a project through. No one else has worked as hard as I have and I just can't leave it in the middle. If something goes wrong, I've burned a bridge and I just don't want to burn ANY bridges.

I start my next job the following Monday after my last day at my old company. I talked to MSC today, who just left my company and now works for the new company and wants me to work with her. She told me they just ordered me a sweet laptop, all new office furniture, a new Blackberry and I can get whatever I need for my office in the way of supplies. I'm freakin!!!

It's real now.

Whoa.

I'm stoked!

Now, since I'm leaving my apartment, I'm also looking for a new place. I have plans to stay with the BF, but if I find something that really suites my needs in the right location I'm going to take it! I've got some good prospects. I'm not buying yet, maybe in a few months. I really want to pay off my credit cards before taking the plunge. Get rid of as many bills as possible!

So, a lot is going on. My head is spinning!

15 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 9:31 PM , Blogger Special K said...

Well, way to go on stepping outside the comfort zone! There are enough people in the world stuck in jobs that bore them, offer no room for advancement, or are just plain stupid and hateful -- you don't need to be one of those people.

Congratulations!

 
At 4/18/2006 10:06 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Aw, Special K, you're so sweet and supportive. I think you're absolutely right. I don't want to stay in a job I hate for years and years. My dad did that for 35. I have no idea how he didn't go insane!!!

 
At 4/19/2006 6:29 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

sage, Wow, thanks for the kudos. Sure does help the old ego! It needed a boost!

Mr. F, Thanks a bunch! I feel very good about this change. It was time to make it!

 
At 4/19/2006 10:20 AM , Blogger fyrchk said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Like you, I was very worried about leaving my 'comfort zone'. I've been at the new job for almost a year and love it. And I make more money!

Soon you'll just be thinking: "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

 
At 4/19/2006 10:51 AM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

congrats!

 
At 4/19/2006 11:50 AM , Blogger Queenmatrai said...

Damn its been a whle and I finally got a moment to catch up on you

I'm proud of you girl...Happy that you left the safety net...remember I left mine too :)

Go Girl!

Noojes

 
At 4/20/2006 5:50 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

fyrchk, I have NO DOUBT! THX!

webmiztris, THX!!

Noojes, Are you happier now that you did it?

LBB, Thanks dude.

 
At 4/20/2006 9:45 AM , Blogger Speckledpup said...

congratulations!
wowser....that's so difficult to get outta the comfort zone.

way to go.

 
At 4/20/2006 10:56 PM , Blogger CP said...

Oooooooooh...suck it all up. Then, in a year from now, come back and read this post. If you still feel all giggly googly about your job as you do RIGHT NOW...then girl, you KNOW you made a good decision!

HAVE A BLAST!

CP.

 
At 4/20/2006 11:11 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

NG: Thanks!

speckledpup: Tell me about it!

CP: God I hope I feel good about it in a year!

 
At 4/21/2006 3:34 PM , Blogger Gidget Bones said...

Congrats and Good Luck! I left a huge company to work for an independant and I love it. NO MORE Micro managing. Make my own schedule. Change can certainly be a good thing.

 
At 4/21/2006 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats!!!
Geez, when you make life changes, you go all the way don't you?
*wink*

 
At 4/22/2006 2:03 AM , Blogger Queenmatrai said...

Where are u???

Noojes

 
At 4/22/2006 7:33 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

GB I feel like I'm doing the right thing. I can't wait to start my job on May 15th!

J I am usually more cautious but I have a good feeling about this. I don't often have these feelings so I'm going with it! Change is good!

Noojes I'm still here, just been a busier than a whore house with only one whore. That's not to say I've been whoring! My corporate job has been keeping me busy. I don't have the stamina to be a ho!!!

 
At 5/08/2006 7:57 AM , Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Good for you, hon! A change of scenery will do you the most good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home