Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

April 03, 2006

Let There Be Light....PLEASE!!!!

My power went off tonight, and it went off earlier today. It really pisses me off because it kicked off in the middle of my soap, Guiding Light, then tonight it went off right at 9PM so not one minute of '24' recorded. It finally came back on around 9:20 PM and I had to start manual recording on my TiVo.

What the hell is going on with the power???? It was out all over my apartment. The news tonight showed a story about the Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International airport, the busiest in the world, also had a power outage for several hours in Concourse D. This is crazy! It halted everything!

The weather is beautiful here, but we've had rain and tornado warnings today. For the most part, the day has been beautiful so I just don't get the power outages.

Lucky me I'm prepared for a power outage, but damn! Two times in one day! I'm sure it won't be the last though.

I'm really just pissed about the whole TiVo thing. Tells you where my priorities lie huh? Not worried about my refridgerated goods, I'm worried about getting my '24' fix. FREAK!! Yup, I sure am.

I WAS able to start this post though, using my Sprint PCS EVDO broadband card given to me by my company. It rocks! Battery powered laptop and an 'air' card. Keeps me connected enough to check my blog and comment on others. I LOVE technology! It's faster than dial up though not as fast as my cable modem (not nearly), but I'm CONNECTED!

Okay, this spring forward shit is kicking my ass. I can't handle it! I know it's only 9:05 PM rather than 10:05 PM, but I'm so freakin' sleepy! Also, the pollen in this city is ridiculous! It is every year from all the pine trees. EVERYTHING turns yellow! So, I've had sinus headaches and my allergies are making me sleepy along with the time change, getting up an hour earlier. I'm sneezing my fool head off! Bleck.

So, I'm going to bed! Too much to do tomorrow! I hate work!!

So love ya, and

Later ya'll, er you all!

6 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 9:52 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Ahhhh the yellow haze.

I've bore witness to it a time or two.

It looks like remon cookie exploded all over the place down there this time of year!

 
At 4/03/2006 9:56 PM , Blogger Kata said...

We had power outage here the other day (southern AZ) and I realize how pissed off I was becoming because I couldn't grind coffee beans! So spoilt am I...

 
At 4/04/2006 2:08 AM , Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Perhaps it's time to invest in a generator, darling? Love your blog too! Thanks for coming by and thanks ever so for blogrolling me. I'll add you to mine, too!

 
At 4/04/2006 2:19 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

KB, Yah, the yellow haze sucks...sore throat, headache, chest congestion, post nasal drip. I got it all! Sucks living in ATL during pine pollen season.

mangey cur, ME TOO! Spoilt as HELL.

Phlegmfatale, Yes, a generator might be a good idea, but this situation doesn't happen often. Still, very good idea and one I will ponder!!

Mr. F, Don'tcha love em!!!

 
At 4/04/2006 5:35 PM , Blogger CP said...

whine whine whine whine.

Always pissing and moaning.

Love it.

CP.

 
At 4/05/2006 12:42 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

What else is there to do? It's my hobby.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home