Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

August 01, 2006

Mundane bullsh*t

I got nuthin' today.

I'm working my fat ass off at work. Yesterday sucked, but what do you do? I left the house at 7am and got home at 8:30pm. Isn't life fun? Big project at work that I had to work on. I saved the day a couple of different times because the order we had delivered that we have to provision for another company with specific applications was fubar. I got it straightened out after several phone calls and internal moaning and bitching. Yeah me.

When I got home last night I was so frickin' tired, but I couldn't just go to sleep. I lay in bed, watching tivo'd Lucky Louie, among other things and was struck by one thought; if we could discipline kids the way our parents disciplined us there would be a lot less heartache among parents in the world and a lot less out of control, mouthy as fuck teenagers who think they can do whatever they want.

On Lucky Louie, Louie & Kim's best friend's 16 year old daughter is moving in with her 40-something boyfriend. She constantly tells her mother in a very loud voice to "Fuck Off!!" In fact, "fuck" is used in practically every sentence this girl utters.

The day my son says "fuck off" to me is the day he gets my five fingers across his mug in a loud, resounding slap.

My son is not even close to how that character behaves but I sure as hell am not going to let him talk to me in such a disrespectful manner or treat me like shit. What parent wants to be treated shitty by their own offspring that they suffered and sacrificed for? It's a huge "slap in the face" to our dedication.

I, for one, will never allow it.

6 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 10:12 AM , Blogger Cricky said...

my daughter better be telling me to fuck off as she is driving away in the vehicle that she paid for, to the house that she pays rent on, and the husband that is going to help her out...cause I promise it will be the last time she speaks to me....

 
At 8/01/2006 5:43 PM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

good for you! I think I'd do the same...

 
At 8/01/2006 11:10 PM , Blogger Nihilistic said...

Nor should you!

 
At 8/02/2006 10:51 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

peg, you're singing my song baby!

webmiztris, What parent would allow such disrespect? An ineffectual or overwhelmed one I'm sure I suppose, but not this one.

remy, doesn't it warm the cockles of your heart to know your child is behaving himself and not a complete, out of control brat!!! That is satisfaction.

nihilistic, No worries there!

Mr.F, Loud and clear for sure!

 
At 8/04/2006 10:09 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

sage, truer words were never spoken dude!

 
At 8/19/2006 1:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I remember the first and only time my son told me to fuck off..it was in my truck and I backhanded him while driving..his head bounced off the back window and I told him he was lucky I didn't put his head through the friggin window.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home