Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

July 11, 2006

Those little suckers'll get ya!

Summers in ATL are pretty fucking hot. Sticky, muggy, stifling, the list goes on an on. Humidity is a killer here. There are more woods in this state than I think there are anywhere else in the country. Okay, that may be stretching it, but it sure feels like it.

I took my dog, Phoebe, out to do her 'bidniz' about 20 minutes ago and my skin is crawling now as I type this. She was searching the back yard to go do her thang and it took her a long time. We have an assload of woods behind our house, all our property, but we also have ant hills everywhere that we are trying to extricate from the yard because, no matter how much we spray, they find their way into our home. AAARGH, my head is even itching! Phoebe must have been standing on an ant hill whilst crapping because, after finishing, she started walking toward me, but stopped to bite her left rear leg. I walked over to her and she had ants all over her leg!!! Everywhere! Then I noticed a tick crawling on the fur of her back! OH. MY. GAWD!!! I can't stop itching!!!

I flicked the tick off and started swiping her leg down with my hands and managed to get all the ants, but I was thoroughly creeped out. I loathe insects of any kind. I know ants are virtually harmless, unless their fire ants, which we have tons of here in Georgia. But, DAYAMB! I love the woods, just hate the woodland insects. Little freaks!

So, Phoeb's and I are now safely nestled inside the house. No buggies on us. I put Advantix on her and she hasn't one flea or tick on her. The tick that WAS on her outside would have probably jumped on me since I haven't been taking Advantix myself. They need to make some for humans!

Now I feel the need to go shower, maybe I'll stop itching.

7 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 1:41 PM , Blogger Speckledpup said...

I understand you completely here.
I hate ants.
god help me...
I hate them.

And my youngest, the chunk, seems to be a tick magnet....
arg.

 
At 7/11/2006 1:48 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

speckledpup, Ick! Ticks FREAK MY SHIT!

 
At 7/12/2006 12:03 AM , Blogger Nihilistic said...

HEY! I have a jack russell too!

 
At 7/12/2006 12:11 PM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

our kitties get fleas every fall and it never fails to make my husband and I totally paranoid until I feel certain the Advantix stuff kicks in. plus during that time, fleas bite me up BAD in my sleep, but my husband never gets bit at all. apparently fleas think I'm a cat? lol

 
At 7/12/2006 1:02 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Nihilistic, I lurve my JRT! She's the rough coat kind, not the short haired. Shes way too cool.

Sage, I knew I could count on you to give me some good pointers! I'll let you know how it goes with the Over & Out!

Mr. F, Sorry dude! I can't help it! I itch just thinking about ants and ticks and insects!!!

webmiztris, freakin' fleas love me too so I'm adamant about putting Advantix on every single month. I can't take flea bites. I've been completely covered on my arms and legs twice in my life and I will never let it happen again!!! I think they like women...our pheromones maybe?

 
At 7/14/2006 12:48 AM , Blogger DogMa said...

OMFG!

I am scared to death of ticks. Thank God we don't have an abundance of them here in Orygun! Fisher P. Lovebone sleeps under my covers and on my pillow, can you imagine a tick in your buisness!? HOLY SMOKES!

 
At 7/17/2006 10:18 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

dogma, my sister had a tick in her bed once. She saw the damn thing on her pillow in the dark. That's how scared she is of ticks. She developed super human night vision for spotting them in the dark! I HATE those little fuckers. Phoebe sleeps on a bed next to our bed, but she does lay on our bed with us when we watch t.v. I would die if a tick ended up in bed with us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home