Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

May 10, 2006

House shopping....Done.

The title says it all. We found an amazing deal on a 4BR, 3BA house with a media room that includes a 90 inch projection HDTV flat screen t.v. The freaky part is that this house just went on the market yesterday. We act fast, huh!

The one catch, I have to drive farther to my new job. I'll be on the road at least an hour to get to work each morning. I'm going to try to negotiate a work from home day, maybe two, simply because the drive is at least 12 miles farther than it would be if D and I lived in his little apartment.

I'll live, no complaints. I'm just glad we have a plan of action!

Forgive me as I'm sure there will be a few gaps in my posting and commenting as I begin a new job and try to pack my apartment up and move out this weekend as my lease is up and then move into the new house by May 31. I promise to be much more productive in my blog visiting and posting once May has commenced.

Can't WAIT for May to commence!!! I could use a breather.

7 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 11:28 PM , Blogger Jerrster said...

Divine ms m....I can't tell you how jealous I am of your QUICK find...didn't you just tell me you were going to START house looking....wow...I like your shopping style....uh we need to find a house BAM!....there we go. done.

best of luck with it all!!!!

and congrats...that is a big step.

 
At 5/11/2006 3:55 AM , Blogger phlegmfatale said...

good luck with all that.

 
At 5/11/2006 5:09 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Jer, We just got lucky. The guy selling it works for the county that D works for so he put it on their intranet site first. We've been "looking" for the last month, but not very seriously until a situation came up. Guess I should blog on that huh?

Mr. F, We both really liked this house. D got a woody when he saw that t.v. and wet bar. This couple is moving to Birmingham for the husband to start med school and they'll be living in an apartment so they negotiated to leave a LOT of things for us. No room = lucky us!

Phlegm, thanks, we'll need it!

 
At 5/11/2006 9:34 AM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, you guys do act fast! congrats! I remember when we went shopping for a house 5 years ago....every house was a dud - and then we toured the one we ended up buying. I knew right away it was 'the one'!

 
At 5/11/2006 1:07 PM , Blogger Queenmatrai said...

Phew the prayers worked :)

Noojes

 
At 5/11/2006 2:46 PM , Blogger Fig said...

Very Impressive Ms. M! WOW!

I'm glad you found something so fast... that has to be a load off your mind.

Need help moving? I'll just be over here on the couch giving orders...

 
At 5/11/2006 9:27 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

webmiztris, my fear was that we wouldn't find anything, but there are a lot of great properties in this area within our price range. I was blown away!

noojes, thanksf or those prayers!

Lily, It's good to know I can always count on my favorite couch commando to keep me in line!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home