Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

February 02, 2006

Bow to the MAN! He is so damn NEEDY!

Yah, I know I'm posting from work, but I need to bitch while this is fresh in my mind.

I have a customer who just sent me a request titled "Emergency Request!!" at 4:53 PM. I'm packing up to walk out the door. He wants a bunch of numbers for the last quarter of the year that I will have to run reports for.

He does this shit regularly. As though I have NO other obligations to any other customers or, God forbid, my own family, who should be getting me after 5PM. Never mind the fact that I have a long ass drive home in rush hour traffic which normally gets me home around 6PM.

What the hell is this dude thinking? He probably realizes that I will have to stay another hour or two to get what he wants. The problem is that our reporting team moved to a new office today and they cannot pull reports. So, I will have to build a query and run it myself. Building the query will take some time, but the report should run fast once I plug it in. No big deal, but it's the principal that he waits until a few minutes shy of 5PM and sends it as an EMERGENCY.

What an asshat.

Just for that (his need to be treated like his shit is made of gold and smells like cookies) I will be waiting until tomorrow morning to send this to him. I may do it tonight, but I'm not killing myself to send it over. I'm just way over it. This customer has been killing me for the last two weeks expecting things 5 minutes after he sends the email. God forbid I be taking a dump or taking lunch. WTF???

Yup, I'm OVAH that shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home