Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

February 01, 2006

Death ride? No thanks, I'll hitch


I almost died tonight. Well, I thougtht I was going to die several times tonight at the hands of my friend Alex while driving to and from the Atlanta Thrashers' game at the Phillips Arena in downtown ATL.

Oh. My. God.

The man drives like a New York City cabbie.

For those of you from New York or who have ever been in a cab in NYC, you know how fucking frightening that is.

I was praying that my life wouldn't end! The "OH SHIT" handle was getting a serious workout from me.

I think Alex thinks he may be the Jewish Mario Andretti. Wait, is Mario Andretti a Jew? I don't know, but Alex must think he's him.

Oh Alex, dream on buddy. I was talking with a friend while driving to the game and I let her know that she may be witness to my death en route to the game. She started laughing.

Sad. I thought my death would merit a completely different reaction. Silly me.

I did discover something about myself tonight though. I'm a control freak. The reason I guess I was freaking out so much, besides the death ride, was that I was not in control of my own destiny like I am when I am driving.

Tough thing to discover about yourself. Guess I'm not as easy going as I thought. Must be why my kid hates driving with me in the passenger seat. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home