Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

January 28, 2006

Trouble with a capital T


I'm too fucking soft hearted.

Case in point: My ex-brother in law.

This man, James, has been the biggest bite in the sphincter to my family. Of course, my dumbtwat sister had to bring him INTO the family, as if she hasn't caused enough trouble. The sister I'm talking about is
Zoloft. She is a mental mess, and she chooses men who are the same, if not worse.

James was born to two drug addicted freaks in 1975. He was raised by a mom who was so fried she was paranoid that the FBI were going through her trash. He was fried before he was born from her drug use and therefore extremely hyper. She couldn't deal with him in her acid induced coma so she sent him to foster care for a while. When he was reunited with her, he wasn't allowed to leave the house and have a normal childhood outside of the home because she was afraid he would tell everyone that she used drugs. She also prostituted herself for drugs in side her own home. Paranoid psychosis is so much fun in a parent.

Eventually he moved to another state to live with his dad who eventually kicked him out, so he lived on the street for a while. Later he made his way back to his mother's and found my sister.

Because his childhood was such a nightmare, he leached onto her like flies on shit. To say their relationship was rocky is being kind. Their relationship was violent, volatile and emotionally and physically abusive. He told her, immediately after they were married, that she didn't love him unless she had his baby. My sister was stupid enough, and insecure enough to do such a moronic thing. She had a baby boy, nephew # 1,
Towhead in 1997. He has some of his dad's freakish obsession tendencies and we have since learned that he has a mild form of autism. He functions relatively well in normal society. But James, he's another story.

He is extremely prejudice. Horribly so. In fact, I give him so much hell when I hear him belittle any race. To me, that is just simple ignorance. He is definitely the most ignorant person I've met thus far.

He is obsessed with my sister. He reads things into any phone conversation they have. He's sure that she's "fucking around" on him, even when they are no longer married (thanks to her decision to divorce his fucked up ass). He also believes that she wants him back and that they are in luuuuuuurve. Whatevuh!!!

What compels me to blog about James is the fact that he called me today to ask me to pick him up in downtown Atlanta at a homeless shelter across the street from the new aquarium. I had just had the most fabulous boning by Pablo and James calls me get up and pick up his sorry ass, 45 minutes away from me.

I am one of those people who is way too soft hearted and always want to help those in need whenever I am able. Of course James knows this and played on my fucking symathy. I'm a dumb bitch.

James, had no money, was just released from jail and brought to a halfway house, which he promptly left because they were preaching about God and Jesus and religion. He didn't want to hear about it and just left. I'm sure the homeless shelter was MUCH more AMENABLE than the halfway house where he would be assisted with finding a job and a place to live.

Moron...

Anyway, knowing that he'd been stuck in jail for 8 weeks while waiting for someone to help him get out, I felt sort of sorry for him. He was accused of theft, a theft I know he was not guilty of, but a friend of his was and implicated him even though he was not present at the time of the theft. Long story, but he managed to get out on the stipulation of going to the halfway house. Already he's fucked up by leaving the halfway house.

My family will have nothing to do with him, but my stupid sister, Zoloft, feels sorry for him too and continues to take his calls and lets him believe that they have a future together. Not happening. Not with all the money my parents have loaned him that he's never paid back, not with all the beatings my sister took at his hands, not with all the times they almost lost their home and eventually did because of his drug problems. That ship has sailed.

I told him I wouldn't pick him up, that I couldn't. He wanted to go to my parents home to use the phone and make some calls to find a place to stay. No dice, brothah! But he was so freaking destitute that I imagined how I would feel if I were in his shoes at that particular moment. So, I grabbed the dog and headed to the city. Picked up his ass and proceeded to be bombarded with a graphic account of his stay in jail and how awful his life was (his own fault of course, but he blames others for it). Oh yah, just what I wanted to hear.

So, stopping him, I proceeded to let him know that he had burned the last possible bridge with my family and that my road trip into the city would be the LAST kindness he would EVER receive from me or anyone in my family ever again. Not to call, ever again. Not to visit, ever again. To make a new life for himself that didn't include this family.

He fucking started to cry.

I am one mean bitch I guess. Never knew I could make a grown man cry if I wasn't breaking up with him. Wow. I'm POWERFUL.

Anyway, feeling bad for making him cry, I tried to give him a pep talk about setting goals and priorities (as though I'm so awesome at it myself...I started sounding like my Pop!)

  1. Find a place to stay
  2. Find a job
  3. Pay child support
  4. Find a new life
  5. Keep a positive attitude

I even went so far as to tell him that he should consider joining the Airforce or Navy. Less chance of getting killed in the line of duty anyway. A structured situation like these options might save his life. At least I hope so. Anyway, my sister would start receiving child support for Towhead if he did something smart and went that route. The man has NOTHING ELSE. No family, no trustworthy friends. What choice does he really have?

So, now I feel like I've done a good deed, but I may have screwed the family because he is one of those people who you just can't trust not to do something stupid or dangerous. I'm always worried that he's going to go off the deep end and either kill himself or a member of my family in a fit of rage (he has rage issues). He has been trying to get his act together, but it's just not working out for him.

Am I too soft?

There is so much more I haven't put into this blog posting, but my hands are cramping up as it is from typing this much. Pablo was worried about me helping him out with this ride, but I can handle James. He's not very strong. I've personally kicked his ass twice. Beat the living shit out of him for fucking with my sister. Someone had to kick his ass so he would know what it felt like to her when he was beating her. I took it upon myself to be that person.

To clarify, I'm extremely strong for a woman. I used to body build in college and I was a gymnast so I've just always had so much strength. I was always stronger than the boys when I was a little girl. They hated it. Now, I didn't look like some bull. I looked like a girl, just more cut, stronger. James isn't a big guy so it was easy to take his ass down a peg or two. I threw him six or so feet once, and I cornered him in a bathroom of my parents' house and beat his face till it was a lovely purplish-red. I wonder how he explained that away at work to the fellas?

I guess I just took this opportunity to tell him to stay away from the family for good...or else he'd get stalking charges pressed against him.

End of story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home