Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

January 29, 2006

Feel the burn!

The Precor Elliptical has been around for years. I've watched people use it at the gym for a few years and I always thougth it looked like it was way too hard to do for very long. I'm not a cardio lover so I just usually treadmill it.

Yesteray I took the plunge into elliptical hell. But, it wasn't that bad. 20 minutes had me flushed and sweating my ass off, but it was a good sweat, good burning feeling. I felt like I had really worked hard and might actually feel the effects of it.

Oh, I feel it alright. I have a charlie horse in my left calf, my thighs are stiff, and my achilles tendon on my right foot is ACHING, and it hasn't bothered me since I was a gymnast as a kid.

Whoa. That eliptical thing can really hurt your ass!

I'm getting back on that bitch today. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Either that or I'm completely insane to do it again the very next day. It's just that I'm now excited, as I feel that I may actually be burning more fat and getting into shape more quickly. I have plenty of fat to burn too, being that I have PCOS and insulin resistance. My body doesn't let go of fat easily, nor does it use the energy I take in, it thinks it's starving when it certainly isn't, but it turns that energy to fat if I don't take my meds or exercise on a regular basis.

Life's a bitch, or else you become one I guess. I think it may be both for me personally. I think TJ might agree with me seeing as how we're both high on the bitch/asshole meter.

It's early (7:18AM). It's Sunday. I'm going back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home