Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

January 17, 2006

Burn, Baby Burn...OUT

It's the first day back at work for me. I had MLK's birthday off and did nothing of any particular interest or value. I'm feeling rather slackerish. Is that a word? If not, I just invented it.

I'm feeling generally disengaged from everything at the moment. I know I just had a week and a half off at the holidays, but I swear I need more. I'm severely burned out. I have these two new account managers that I'm working with, both ladies in their 50's. I have to say, no offense to my sex, but I prefer working with men in that role. These ladies just annoy the ever-living shit out of me. SG & MSC are both fashion plate lovelies who each drive Mercedes' and think their shit doesn't stink. WTF? The men I've worked with in the same role seem so much more real and approachable.

I think the problem is the "glass ceiling" for women. We all think we have to work twice as hard as a man to get to the same place or, heaven help us, ahead! I think it's true, we have to shine brighter to get noticed. I feel sorry for these women who have to bust their asses six times harder. Doesn't seem fair. I wish they DIDN'T annoy me. I guess I should cut them a break and just work my ass off right next to them so they get ahead, and by association, I will get ahead because I really make their promises to the customer come to fruition. I am the magic maker behind the scenes. Somehow I don't get the recognition for making things happen, such as said Account Manager promises. They do nothing but talk, while I am the action. I gots ta get outta this job!

I just wish their voices weren't so fuckin' grating! MSC's isn't so bad, but SG's is like nails on a chalkboard! They both are very happy to now have me on their accounts as I make shit happen if I have to pull it out of my ass and spit shine it first. My job sucks and I want a new one! I don't like being the shit spit shiner!!!

Do I sound like a whiner? I am not seriously that much of a whiner. I DO get pissed off about retarded stuff and stooopid people, but who the fuck doesn't? I hate fucktards who just don't get it. Unfortunately I seem to work with several of such said fucktards. Is there a school or a class that these imbeciles can take to move beyond their fucktardedness? ANYWHERE?

So work sucks. Life's a bitch, then you die (or marry one if your an eligible catch of a man). C'est la vi. Had enough? Yah, me too.

Later friends.

6 Comments:

At 1/17/2006 6:58 PM , Blogger Jerrster said...

and I'd prefer to work with women...hmmm.

but like you, not just anyone...the grating voice is bad...there is a fellow here who never stops talking...he breathes words both inhale and exhale.

it makes me wish for an ACME safe to fall out of the sky and him suddenly in an ever growing shadow.

I know I'm bad.

 
At 1/17/2006 10:31 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

You're late to be hatin'! That was Monday--we're all over it now.

Catch up, would ya'? ;-)

Did you hear? KB is not preggo. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

 
At 1/18/2006 12:54 AM , Blogger Queenmatrai said...

To be honest I honestly believe that women are far better at multi-taskin than men...

Cheers

noojes

 
At 1/18/2006 9:30 AM , Blogger Ms. M said...

KB, I know you wanna be..you'll get there. Also, I wrote it on my first day back to work...TUESDAY, no MONDAY. You've been too busy to post/read again haven't you!? BAD girl.

Jer, I have great co-workers that are women, it's just that particular role that I guess I get very annoyed by women who are in it. Too aggressive, because they have to be I guess. Kinda sucks for them.

Noojes, you're right, women ARE better multi-taskers than men, we HAVE to be as chief cook & bottle washer, plus bringing home the bacon. SUCKs to be a woman sometimes.

TJ, Whatcha doin home? Can I come hang with you? I don't wanna work anymore. *cries hard and loud* I want to be home, blogging all day!

 
At 1/18/2006 7:41 PM , Blogger Pisser said...

I don't like being "the shit spit shiner", either! :lol:

You have my sympathies. I've had my share of proud, harrumphing, bulldozer-like menopausal co-workers and men (and even outside WOMEN who are 'more professional' - read, less pretty) getting hired over me.

Someone told me last night I should have asked someone in HR about that as the company is supposed to look within, first.
...oh.

I did not know that at the time :(

 
At 1/18/2006 8:49 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

Pisser, that's a bitch literally and figuratively. WTF! I am desperately awaiting with baited breath the phone call to schedule an interview for a new job. It hasn't come yet and I submitted my internal job app a month ago. I'm WAY qualified too. Probably more than most. I'm pissed...figuratively not literally.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home