Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

January 13, 2006

ah...Ah...AH....CHOOOOOO! *sniff*

Work travel sucks. I always end up sick and this last trip to Nashville is no exception. I ended up with a shitty cold, plus sinus infection, plus sore throat. I feel like death and I have a customer lunch meeting to go to today. No big deal, I just feel shitty. I am not the person who planned this lunch. Maybe I could bail since the old National Account Manager and the new National Account Manager are both going to be there. But, I AM the Customer Relationship Manager...I guess I should be there. FUCK.

I was looking forward to a nice, relaxing, 3-day weekend, sleeping in Pablo's fabulous Tempurpedic bed and having all the sex I want. Now I'm sick and I can't expose Pablo, and I sure as hell ain't giving any BJ's this weekend with my throat this way.

My kid decided he didn't want to go to school this morning. Couldn't get his ass moving. I'm sick of having an "almost" adult in the house and still having to be on him like he's four to get him to move. I told him if he wanted me to treat him like an adult he's gotta start acting like one. When the FUCK did I become my parents? Good God. I think he hates me. Teenage angst is a bitch.

I know a while back I mentioned that my doctor put me into temporary menopause to control the pain from Adenomyosis (Endometriosis in the interal muscular walls of the uterus). The therapy is Lupron, which is supposed to be some nasty shit. I've had some hot flashes and major cold spells, obviously controlling my temperature is a side effect. But for the most part I've been pretty damn good. I haven't really had any mood swings, but I will say that my temper is a bit quicker. Strangely only with my teenager. I'm not overly emotional, I haven't cried once. My skin could look a tad better, but for the most part I'm the same. This therapy is supposed to be a major bitch, but I can't complain. Hell, I've not had a period in almost two months and I won't have another one until the therapy is over in another four! Wahoo baby! I go see the doc this morning. The question is, once I come off this therapy, knowing that the pain will come back as bad as before, do I go ahead and get the partial hystectomy? I can have them leave my ovaries so I don't go head first into menopause until I'm supposed to. Or, do I go BACK on THE STRONGEST birth control pill for pain? That's a toughy...NOT REALLY. I'm done having kids, as is Pablo. Why deal with more periods if I don't have to? The fact that I will remain menopause free until I am supposed to go through it is the biggest plus. What would you do if you were me?

Okay, I'm feeling crappy. I'm gonna lay down for a few minutes before I have to get my day going. FUCK...I don't want to work! WAHHHHH! I'm a fucking baby I know, but I'm still recoving from that fast 24 hour trip to Nashville that we had to DRIVE to because my director was too cheap to let us fly. The air fare was about $700 for a direct flight so I can understand, but my back aches from sitting in a car seat for almost five hours yesterday and the day before, plus sitting in meetings once we got there. ICK. Life is wonderful.

We're born, we work, we die...fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home