Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

June 30, 2006

Maybe we'll all learn sumthin!

I was at Mike's blog yesterday and he had posted a Meme that he got tagged for which is probably the best meme I've seen to date I decided to do it too. Check it.

Instructions:

1. Go to Wikipedia.org
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).

Events:

  1. 5509 BC - The world was created, according to the Byzantine Empire.
  2. 1752 - The Liberty Bell arrives in Philadelphia.
  3. 2004 - The Beslan school hostage crisis begins when armed terrorists take hundreds of schoolchildren and adults hostage in the Russian town of Beslan in North Ossetia.

Births:

  1. 1939 - Lily Tomlin, American actress and comedian
  2. 1950 - Dr. Phil, American television talk show host (not really an important birth...)

Death:

  1. 1715 - King Louis XIV of France (b. 1638)

Holiday or Observance:

Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R"). Which is also the season to have a common cold.

I won't tag anyone. If you want to do this on your site please do so. I thought it was kind of educational!

7 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 1:33 PM , Blogger Deb said...

I am SO glad someone addressed this issue!

My father worked for the south street seaport in NYC for years, and we were always taught, never ever ever ever eat oysters on months that 'don't' have a letter "R" in it. Always stick by it. People don't listen and then get sick.

Interesting dates on here!

 
At 7/01/2006 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. thanks for visiting our blogsite "the daily dump".

may i ask how you found it?

thanks. =)

 
At 7/02/2006 3:45 AM , Blogger Queenmatrai said...

Hey interesting post...
Visited your 2nd blog too...

Standin by ya :)

~noojes

 
At 7/05/2006 10:40 AM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, the world was created on your birthday... that's pretty impressive!

 
At 7/05/2006 5:41 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

~Deb, I have a friend from New Orleans who said the same thing. I trust him on that subject! BTW, if you ever get to N.O. you have to eat at Drago's. They have the best chargrilled oysters on the half shell you've ever had in your life! I could eat them every day if possible!


Mr. F, OKAY! Consider yourself tagged. I'm heading over to your site NOW! You're IT, gimme the dirt!

anonymous, I believe I found it at CP's blog!

Noojes, Thanks for checkin' out my fat girl blog! Send me some traffic will ya!?

webmiztris, Maybe the rest of the world will recognize that, being born on the date the world began (a few thousand years later) makes me a goddess! Woohoo!

 
At 7/06/2006 11:56 AM , Blogger Queenmatrai said...

Where are u woman?

 
At 7/06/2006 2:11 PM , Blogger Ms. M said...

noojes, I just got my DSL set up in my new house yesterday plus the holiday kept me from work so I didn't have internet connection for the last 5 days! But, I'm back!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home