Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

February 26, 2006

Random Shit

Again, I have nothing exciting to tell. My weekend was pretty uneventful.

Peabody, my 15 year old son, spent the weekend with my parents. My dad took him out on Saturday and bought him, essentially, a new wardrobe and he applied for his first job. Amazingly this changed Peabody. In fact, I will no longer call him Peabody. He's a young man now, so I'm gonna call him JB. JB went from grungy slacker to young, handsome, fashionable looking dude. I can't believe the difference! He's actually trendy with his new wardrobe and it has changed how he even carries himself. He stands with his shoulders back and his head high! I owe my pops big time for what he did for JB this weekend. I'm thrilled to say the least! If you've kept up with my posting for the last few months you know my kid has perfected his slackerness. Slovenly, slug, slacker. Yup, that's been him. I have a hard time getting him to even get up and go to school, plus he doesn't do anything I tell him to do, such as clean his room. Really, that's the only thing he doesn't do that I ask him to do. It's a scary mess so I guess he's just overwhelmed by it. I just hope he changes his attitude enough to include school and his room in the equation that is now JB. Time will tell.

I made Pablo a Shepherd's Pie last night and a blackberry pie. Everything turned out great. It's all simple food anyway, just good, old fashioned comfort food. It's nice because Pablo loves comfort food and it's pretty much the easiest food to prepare and you can't really screw it up. We ate dinner at my house then took the pie and Phoebe (my dog) to his house to vegetate in front of the t.v. We ate the pie from the pie plate on his tempurpedic bed. We ate ice cream I bought for it right out of the carton. Pigs? Oh yah. Pablo said it was the "bachelor way." I was game. The bad part? I dropped blackberry pie on the 400 TC sheets I bought him for Christmas. But, I'm resourceful. I always carry a Tide pen with me and I managed to clean up ALL the blackberry stains. That shit rocks!

I'm getting my hair cut today. I have kept it at the same length virtually for almost 8 years (about two inches past my shoulders). It's time for a shorter do. I'm sick of messing with it. About a year ago I lost about a 3 inch wide, 1 inch high strip of hair at the back of my head just below & within my crown. I was slick bald there! I was mortified to say the least. I don't have a huge abundance of hair anyway. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which causes what can only be called male pattern baldness in females. My hair is very fine, like a baby's, to begin with. It was always heavy because I had a lot of that fine stuff, but when I began to show signs of PCOS it really started thinning out all over, but especially on the top. You cannot see my scalp, at least not noticeably, but it IS noticeable that the top of my hair is thinner than the rest. The spot that I lost has grown back very kinky curly which freaks me. My hair is wavy, actually kind of curly in the back, but I straighten it because the curl is inconsistent on my head, it's different on the sides compared to the back. That new hair is about 3.5 inches long finally, but it's driving me crazy because it's hard to straighten with the rest of my hair. It sticks out of my hair too which makes me nuts. To top it off, last night my blow dryer some how frak'd up and burned my hair on the top of my hair about an inch or so from the scalp so now I have really short (fine) hairs on the top of my head in one spot. So! I thought I would cut my hair off and it might be easier to deal with. I'm going to have a lot of layers put in and cut it shorter, above my shoulders I guess. I'm also dying it RED! I'm a natural chestnut brunette (no gray yet!!) and I guess I feel the need to shake things up a bit. So, I will see if I can't get a pic of my hair when it's done. I'll do a before and after for ya! My mother is a stylist so I'm heading over to her house later for what will essentially be a makeover. GAWD, I hope I'm not making a massive mistake!

Why do weekends wear me out? I haven't really done anything. I've been a slug mostly. I guess I should get my ass up and away from this computer to do laundry and vaccum, dust, and clean my bathrooms (BLECK). I LOATHE cleaning of any kind, but I manage to do it as though it is second nature, at least where my kitchen is concerned. I cannot work in a messy kitchen. IT AIN'T HAPPNIN'. So, my kitchen is the cleanest room in my house because it gets cleaned several times a day as I'm working in it. Plus, I like to cook and who wants to eat food cooked in a dirty kitchen???

So that's it for me today. I'm boring AGAIN. Read me if you want, or fall asleep. I wouldn't blame you. Nothing funny and exciting happens to me like it does to CP! I'm so jealous!!! CP, I need you to live in Atlanta so I can hang around you. You would make my life interesting! I'm frakin' boring as hell! Aside from family strife that is.

I need a frakin' nap...*yawn...stretch*

I'll check in with ya'll later. Hopefully something interesting will happen today and I can blog on it later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home