Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

February 04, 2006

Brace yourselves...freaky story coming!

Peabody is feeling left out. I kind of feel sad by this because I thought he wanted to be independent from me as he gets older. Apparently, the other man in my life, Pablo, whom I only get weekends with, is part of the source of Peabody's frustration

It seems Peabody is depressed and feeling lonely because I spend a lot of time on the weekends with Pablo. Now, Peabody is always looking for something to do, with friends though. Not with me. I thought, from his reactions to my affection, that he was embarrassed to be seen with his (GOD FORBID) mother.

Well, he's decided that, when Pablo and I do things together, that he wants to be there with us. I don't mind this, in fact I welcome it.

Here's the freaky part.

This story has been promised from a while back. I haven't felt the timing was right, but I'm going to tell it anyway.

To preface, Pablo and I have known each other since I was 13 or 14 years old. That equates to about 22 years. We dated intermittently from the day we met until I was about 21. Then we just kind of went our own separate ways, no burned bridges or anything. We just moved on. Truth be known, I always had strong feelings for him, the timing was just never right, you'll see what I mean as you continue to read.

Over the years, he and I both had other relationships/marriages that failed. It took several years (almost 14) for us to reconnect. When we did we were living on opposite sides of the country. So a few visits and several million IM's and phone calls later, he moved to Atlanta so we could be together. I knew then, that he was someone I could spend the rest of my life with if he would make such a sacrifice. And it has to be said, I am crazy about Pablo!

The last time we dated prior to this was in late September, 1989. I had just broken up with a boyfriend and was back on the market. I was 19 years old, Pablo was 22 years old and he was just back from a 4 year stint in the Navy. We were both at the same univeristy in our home town. Strangely, we both ended up working at the same pizza place. He was so shy to me for some reason and hardly talked to me, though I would catch him looking at me a lot.

Then one fateful night, that September, I was out at bar with several friends getting hammered, as college students do. I saw him at this bar, but he just would look at me, a strange, sultry expression in his eyes. It was so bizarre. He looked at me all night, but never came up to me. I was feeling somewhat uneasy, but intrigued at the same time. I mean, we hadn't really talked much since he got back and hadn't really talked at all since he left for the Navy 4 years earlier.

At the end of the night I was standing outside, leaning against the building while waiting for my friends. D (Pablo, as I call him) walks out with a group of people and starts talking to some other people. He looks over at me, excuses himself from his group, and begins to walk toward me. When he reaches me, he plants the hottest kiss on my lips that I've ever had! Hot, wet, deliciously sinful, breathtakingly yummy!

Well, that was it for me. He came home with me that night and several other random nights after that, but it only went on for about a month. I found out that he had gotten married to a girl we went to highschool with while he was in the Navy and they had a toddler. Threw me for a loop to say the least. We talked about it and it was obvious that they had gotten married too young and were just staying together for their child. But, I was not about to go there. I went to school with both of them and luckily she never found out about our little indescretion. I was clueless while it was happening and felt like I just didn't need that kind of hell on my plate.

So we parted ways.

A month later I found out I was pregnant....with Peabody.

Yup, it's a bit freaky because for so long I thought my ex-boyfriend, pre-Pablo, was his father. I never forced blood tests on 'Tom' because I was freaked out and didn't want any ugliness. Tom was obviously okay with that. I just decided to do what I needed to all by myself.

And I have. I've been a single mother to Peabody for 16 years (in June).

The strange part is that Pablo apparently always thought that Peabody might be his and never said anything to me because one of my friends told him he wasn't Peabody's father, never asking me if that was the case. I guess I never entertained that thought because I had had a screwy non-period prior to my first hookup with him. I guess that's why I figured he couldn't be Peabody's father.

Now that the two of them are together I have changed my mind. Peabody looks like me, hair color, eye color, lips, facial shape. He looks a LOT like me, except his nose it a bit different, and he has fair skin (I'm olivey) and freckles, quite a few.

Peabody's nose is Pablo's. Peabody's feet are Pablo's. His teeth sit in the same position as Pablo's, his fingers look like Pablo's and his walk, stance, and carriage are ALL Pablo's. Pablo says he even has his temperment when he was young. To boot, Pablo is fair and VERY freckled all over. Peabody is fair, not as freckled, but no one in my family has freckles.

My first encounter with Pablo that year was September 20-something and Peabody was born June 27th of the next year. You do the math.

Are you freaking yet? I'm STILL freaking, that after all these years, I thought Peabody's dad was someone else.

Thougth we both are pretty sure that Pablo is Peabody's dad, we are waiting a couple of months to do DNA testing to solidify what we think we already know. I really want Pablo and Peabody to become good friends first so that when we drop this bombshell on Peabody (obviously if the results are positive) he won't be upset. He will be happy, hopefully, to finally had a dad in his life. Pablo even wants to be that dad.

I'm still freaking...even telling this story after I've known this for several months it still freaks my beans! (How's that for an 80's saying flashback!)

Now, it's time to incorporate Peabody into our relationship in a deeper way. I want him to feel that he can count on Pablo. I want him to want to spend time with Pablo and vice versa.

So, I guess my story is now told. The final version will be when we do our DNA test. I'll keep you posted, though it may not be until school gets out. Why throw the kid for a loop during school when he needs to focus on his school work?

Speak of the devil...Pablo is calling...gotta run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home