Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

February 06, 2006

AHA! Mystery solved!

I've figured out why I get up at the same time...every damn day/night...4AM. My kid decides to come get in my bed. His room is like the arctic circle so he comes to my room to sleep next to me in my warm bed. Poor guy. It sucks because the heat doesn't seem to reach his room very well. I'm going to have to buy him a space heater or an electric blanket. Not sure what the dealio is in his room, but I finally am awake enough to figure it out.

Now, I wonder if I can start sleeping through this? The answer is obvious, get him the heater and/or blanket so he won't be waking me up asking to sleep in my bed anymore. He's too big to want to sleep with mommy, he's almost 16! But, I have been a single mother all of his life and he's an only child. I think it's a security thing so I don't begrudge him, though I have made comments to him about the fact that he's way too big to be asking to sleep in mommy's bed, but he just ignores me or says he can't sleep. It's weird, when he can't sleep, all he has to do is lay down in my bed (any time of the day or night) and he's out like a light. I don't get it!

Oh, well.

I'll figure something out. I have to if I ever want a whole nights sleep again before he moves out of my house when he's probably 45. GAWD!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home