Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

January 27, 2006

Another One Bites The Dust

I just got off the phone with my friend Kathy Z. She dates a guy I work with whom I set her up with 3 years ago. Now they live together, only she's kicking him out today and he doesn't know it.

Here's her biggest problem. He does not EVER answer his phone. EVER. I know this to be true because I have issues getting him to answer my business calls. Drives her and me and everyone else BATSHIT! You seriously want to shove your foot in his crap basket because you get so pissed when you absolutely need to reach him!

Today, she needed to reach him...voraciously. He had some legal papers that she needed to take to her lawyer by noon. She had her identity stolen and one of the creditors is now suing HER for the money, they can't seem to wait for it I guess. Fuckers. But anyway, she tried to reach him as he was taking her mother (who was visiting) to her cousin's house. No answer on his cell phone.

Now, keep in mind, we work for the third largest volume wireless company in the nation. Not answering your phone is a BIG NO-NO where we work. We have to be accessible at all times. It's the rules of our division/department because we have customers in all four times zones.

Anyway, she called him several times and no answer. She left in excess of 20 messages letting him know that it was imperative that she reach him to get those papers. He tends to work from home 90% of the time, but today he chose to work from the office. The last message she left him was that it was his "ex" girlfriend calling to come get her legal papers out of his car.

She called me to bitch about him and get directions from the area of town she was in, she's used to going only one way and was afraid of getting lost. So, I walked her thru it all the way to the office. She made a decision, based on his numerous ignorances of her phone calls (when she's had flat tires and run out of gas!) and decided to kick his ass out...today. I think I applaud that.

She is sick of his working from home, as she puts it, "99% of the time," in his underwear, and has not taken their puppy out ALL day. She's sick of the house always being a wreck while he works from home and him no lifting a finger to keep it clean so she ends up being the one to clean it up at the end of the day when she gets home from work.

Sounds like she lives with my 15 year old.

I certainly understand where she's coming from. She's 34, he's 28. He just doesn't take responsibility for himself and she's not interested in being his mother.

So, log another failed match making attempt by Ms. M. I guess I should give it up altogether. The last good friend I set up (years ago) lead to marriage, though four years later they got divorced because the bitch I set him up with turned out to be a psychopathic kleptomaniac. She's a real freak that one. FUBAR for sure. Ask KB, she knows what I'm talking bout!

So, I'm closing up shop. No more will I ever attempt to set up anyone. It appears my judgment is not so sound. I'm sure ya'll figured that out about me a while ago. I always seem to forget that what I see on the surface is simply packaging. It isn't who the real person is underneath. I need a class in psychology and personalities or something.

So....

Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Scratch on that Match
Don't Find me a Find
Throw back that Catch!

Ms. M. has left the building!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home