Ms. M:

Running With Scissors

December 11, 2005

Rednecks, Evangelicals and Bush

Okay, be prepared. I'm about to rant. I live in Georgia, part of the heart of the bible belt of the South. Oh..My..God. This place is a contradiction if I've ever seen one. Rednecks populate some of Atlanta (where I live) and all of the rural towns which are very wooded. Think "Deliverance." Are you hearing the banjo yet??? Okay, since these people live in wooded areas, drive their big, old, rusted pickup trucks, hunt lovely woodland creatures for sport, love Jesus beyond any doubt and don't believe in evolution, they also worship George Bush. Here is where the contradiction comes into play if you ask me. Bush is all about giving tax breaks to corporations and the wealthy (those earning over $200K annually). The problem that bothers me is these corporations are given huge tax breaks to send jobs overseas, thus eliminating work for these rednecks who work the blue collar jobs. Okay, here's the rest. They don't earn over $200K, they've just gotten laid off so that their job can be done by Sanjeev in India...yet they love and adore the man who has caused it all. Go f*cking figure. In my opinion, there's been just too much inbreeding to keep their minds from functioning in it's intended manner. RATIONALLY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home